WELCOME TO CRIMSOC:
CRIMSOC and The Journal of Social Criminology is a peer-reviewed international online academic journal and book series dedicated to research in the area of front line services, criminological inquiry and sharing ideas in justice. The journal accepts papers on academic theory or professional practice relevant to all areas of criminology. CRIMSOC also publishes books and reports.
CRIMSOC is aligned with West Virginia University: http://soca.wvu.edu/
This includes both the Dept. of Sociology & Anthropology and the Research Center on Violence at WVU:
Dr. Liam Leonard of Northern Arizona University is our Founding Executive Editor and Dr. Paula Kenny is Review Editor. We are pleased to welcome Dr. Walter DeKeseredy of WVU and Dr. Rebecca Lynn Maniglia of Northern Arizona University as Senior Editors.
The following books and reports have been published by CRIMSOC:
1. Rob White & Liam Leonard (2014) Green Criminology: CRIMSOC 1
2. Liam Leonard (2015) Ferguson: Criminal Justice, Media and Race, CRIMSOC 2
3. Lynne Wrennall (2015) Paid Pipers & Take Physic Pomp: Confronting the Problems Associated with Experts in the Justice System, CRIMSOC 3
4. Walter DeKeseredy and Liam Leonard (2015) Gender, Victimology, Restorative Justice, CRIMSOC 4
5. Haines, A. Perkins, E. Whittington, R. (2016) Pathologising Youth Development and Risk CRIMSOC Report 5 CRIMSOC 5:
6. Mohammad Ashraful Alam & Mahmuda Akter (2016) Torture in Police Custody in Bangladesh: An Exploration of Human Rights Violation CRIMSOC Report 6 CRIMSOC 6
7. Forthcoming 2019: Liam Leonard and Rebecca Maniglia (Eds) Prison and the Punitive Society: Experiences of Deviance and Punishment CRIMSOC Report 7.
CRIMSOC is a not for profit organization whose aims and purposes include the communication of facts, information, news, thinking, materials and other intelligence about social criminology. A main focus of this is the bridge between theoretical ideas and popular rhetoric or discussion.
CRIMSOC publishes books and reports about issues relevant to the field of social criminology..
CRIMSOC's mission is to: